1. Provide the Central American region with a basic aeronautical legislation concordant with the nature and complexity of the State’s industry.
2. Provide adequate regulations at least covering ICAO Convention and Annex standards, as applicable, to the aviation community.
3. Provide guidelines necessary for effective operation of aviation safety. These guidelines include technical guides, procedures and certification guides for the States and other interested parties.
4. Help in the provision of training in the areas of expertise of civil aviation authorities’ personnel to ensure they carry out the State’s inspection activities at the level of complexity required.
5. Support institution building by means of training, provision of experts, and others related to the continuous improvement of aviation safety.
6. Provide a permanent oversight system to ensure the aviation industry is operating according to the highest competency and safety levels required.
7. Assist the States by recommending, advising, facilitating or guiding the States about aviation safety and safety oversight.
8. Offer civil aviation authorities recommendations concerning the issue of air operator certificate and associated operation specifications and the suitability of the holder of an AOC to continue exercising the privileges granted by this certificate.
9. Provide civil aviation authorities with recommendations on any special measure to be taken as a consequence of an assessment to their areas of expertise.
10. Inform civil aviation authorities and operators about any aviation safety deficiencies to be rectified.
11. Offer civil aviation authorities recommendations on adequate measures to demand compliance with regulations.
12. Provide assistance in de development and harmonization of the regulatory structure of COCESNA Member Sates in order to improve aviation safety.
13. Maintain and enhance ACSA’s organizational structure to facilitate the provision of safety services to the States.
14. Measure ACSA’s productivity to achieve the resource optimization.
15. Keep the training program updated.
16. Look after the compliance with the safety oversight program and the action plan of every COCESNA Member State.
17. In conjunction with the Member States, keep the aviation safety technological platform updated.
18. Represent the Central American region before different international aviation organizations.